Saturday, October 8, 2016

Homewood Bound 3

So where were we…











Ah yes Sunday at the Homewood Heritage Days Festival.
As I mentioned Sunday was livelier. Maybe both days were but since I slept it seemed that way to me. I ran into Linda again, well not really ran into but you know what I mean. I met Linda Saturday. She has dreams of opening up a book store in Homewood. We made tentative plans for me to do a book signing when the doors do open.

When I saw Linda on Sunday she was at the church booth serving soup, coffee and apple dumplings. I walked in and told them I wanted to buy a spoon. Linda said you can take one. I said well taking a spoon from a church isn’t good would you take a dime? Oh just take a spoon. Would you like some soup? OH I hate soup. Well I was going to give you some to try it. In that case I am going to eat soup.

Linda was proud of the soup. The church pitches in a few days before to make the homemade vegetable soup with meat in it. Is that still vegetable soup if it has meat in it? I don’t know but this I do know, I hated the soup but it was delicious. Hey I can tell if something is good even if I don’t like it. I ate the whole bowl so that tells you something.

The end of part 3

No comments: