Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Homewood Bound Conclusion

I wrote about a lot of things but now I will sum up the Homewood Heritage Days Festival.



Many times a festival is rated by how big it is which is not always accurate. What Homewood may have lacked in size was more than made up with what it did have.

The festival had a pancake breakfast, crafts booth inside, a running model railroad, a roaming juggler who kept dropping her pins, wagon rides pulled by Clydesdale horses, a children’s area with barrel train rides, face painting, a caricature artist, a magician, a period encampment with a black smith, a car cruise, food vendors, entertainment with a DJ and different musical acts.

I have been to many festivals with the entertainment geared specifically towards the demographics of the area. Not in Homewood. The bands were varied and included a country band El Dorado, a doo wop band The Wee Jams, a rock band The Sensations and something totally different Ibeji Drum Ensemble. All top notch, what great entertainment.

OH I almost forgot about yours truly who took part in the Heritage Cruise In and had a successful book signing.

I like to tip my hat to Alan the Chairman of the festival and Homewood the little community with a big heart for a wonderful festival. Homewood is a hidden gem that has so much potential.

Lastly I like to say hi to Sylvia who bought my book and said if I am ever in Arizona look her up, the gentleman at the Kettle Korn stand for giving me a large bag of popcorn, PJ Favorite who left the festival and came back in his custom 1985 Dodge Caravan just to show me and I can’t forget about the gentleman who I forgot his name of Mulefactory a Bluegrass band. We talked at length about many things.

He hosts at the Homewood United Methodist Church the HUM Church Music Winter Gospel Concert Series and if I heard correctly it is Bluegrass.
It’s held the first Saturday of October through April except January. Doors open at 6 for desserts & fellowship followed by music 7. And it’s free!
If that ain’t good enough he also gives stringed instrument lessons the 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month at 5-8pm at Homewood United Methodist Church. And this is also free!

That’s all, maybe I’ll see you at the HUM Winter Concert.

Gotta Go-Go!
Carey

http://thesensationslive.com/audio-video/

http://weejams.com/songs/WeeJams-ComeGoWithMe07142014.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxHHK5mOJyU

No comments: