Sunday, August 6, 2017

How cool is this...

Hey Gang,
How cool is this...

When I attended Wickliffe's Bicentennial I was talking to the local historian about how my grandfather came to Wickliffe from Italy at a young age to pick grapes. She was all excited and wanted me to come back because they have a list of all the Italians, there is a good chance my grandfather is written down and they can put a face to a name.

Last weekend I did dinner with Dale at his place whom I met at the Ashtabula cruise in. I saw a sign on his wall that said Puckerbrush. I said dad use to fish there. Dale said my dad owned that and if your dad fished there more than likely we have a photo of him or at least have his name registered.


So I am excited to see if Wickliffe has a photo of my grandfather holding a grape, Dale has a one of my dad holding a fish and me well I am holding my breath.

Gotta Go-Go!
Carey



1950s Puckerbrush, on Lockwood Road near North Perry Park… a short ways from the ‘bubbling waters’ that the Indians associated with good fishing… offered rentals of Lyman Boats with Johnson 3-horsepower motors. We fished off the rocky bottom for perch. I remember asking my Father about the armada of small boats farther out… their lanterns twinkling in the twilight. ‘those are the pike grounds’ he replied. Blue Pike, a close cousin of the Walleye

No comments: