Thursday, May 2, 2024

"Carey, Oh, Carey!"

 Why does weirdness and bizzaro-ness follow me no matter where I go, even at home.

I worked half a day, came home to do yard work, and it started.

I was being serenaded by my backyard neighbor.

"Carey, Oh, Carey! IS IT A BOY WITH A GIRLS NAME? OR IS IT A GIRL WITH A BOYS NAME? Doesn't matter because it's one and the same! Oh Carey, Carey"! The off-keyed crooner bellowed over and over and over for at least an hour. 

That wasn't the only thing this uncouth chanter chanted. There were other rhythmic dirty ditties that I refuse to put in print.

I laughed and bowed while trying to catch the person assaulting my ears on a video cam.

My next-door neighbor had enough of it and said this bothers me. You may not be insulted, but I am. So he started shouting back with a barrage of words that would have silenced any heckler.

Nope, the person on the window ledge continued on, "Carey, Oh, Carey! IS IT A BOY WITH A GIRLS NAME? OR IS IT A GIRL WITH A BOYS NAME? 

My neighbor called the cops. The men in blue entered my yard to get a front-row view of the obnoxious singer. But suddenly, the person shut the window and ended the solo performance.

The cop said there is not much we can do, but we will go over there to see what is going on. 

He returned a short time later with this report:

When we pulled up in front of the house, we immediately recognized it, we had been called there multiple times. We are dealing with an extreme case of alcoholism; it's a husband and wife. She says she would stop.

I exclaimed. Wait! THAT'S A WOMAN SINGING? I am impressed. Wow, did she sound like a guy? Amazing, just amazing.

The cop said if it happens again, just call us. 

And now that song is stuck in my head -

"Carey, Oh, Carey! IS IT A BOY WITH A GIRLS NAME? OR IS IT A GIRL WITH A BOYS NAME?

 Doesn't matter because it's one and the same! Oh Carey, Carey"!

Carey On...

No comments: