Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Arizona Day 2

Hey Gang,
My sinuses acted  up so Monday night was a bust. I slept in till 9 am which would be noon Cleveland time. I wanted to stay on schedule like at home.

We are staying at Jami's father exclusive condo at Las Brisas  and yes its gated. Just beautiful, surrounded by a man made river and next to a large pool.


Jimmy directed us around Scottsdale. This place is just crawling with money, ultra expensive cars and corporations. I got antsy seeing nothing but stores and lots of corporate owned places so even though Jimmy was in charge of planning our day I suggested lets get out of here.


After an hour or more of circling Scottsdale. With neither of us knowing how to get lost I said OK I know where we are going, to the library and I will ask someone or find a paper map. Walking in I saw an older man. His name was Jay and originally from NY, like Florida is anyone actually born in Az?

I asked and he said you do not want to be in Scottsdale, this is the only place in America that didn't feel the recession, there was none here and Phoenix is the 7th largest city in the US. He drew us a map and told us to get a real feel for Az go to Carefree and Cave Creak. I hate GPS, maps and humans are far far better. Old school is the only school.

We took Jays suggestion and loved it. Thats more of what we wanted to see. Tacky tourist shops, recreated old western stores and good burgers at Greasy Eddies. I am hoping to go back to Carefree and see the free bull riding events tonight.



We ended the day in old Scottsdale. lots and lots of cool shops and stores, more upscale but well worth a visit. Actually we ended the day in the large hot tub, can't forget the hot tub.

I was here last in 2000 and wow has this place exploded with people and built up. Too much.

Day three is around the corner. Stay tuned.....


Gotta GoGo!
Carey

No comments: