Sunday, March 20, 2016

well friends i am out of here... but lets quickly take a look at gogobus.cc

Hey Gang,
I am out of here for a week heading to Arizona with Ruth and the Kelly's. We will be staying in the Scottsdale area. The trip is a Christmas gift. So hold the fort I mean emails until after Easter; make that all emails. I will have my cell so call if there is an emergency. Doubt I can get to you but call anyway.

Now for those who know disregard but for those that don't, you now will know.

After a long absence gogobus.cc is back up and running... for the most part.

It is hard to believe how long I've had this site. I started the concept way back in 2001 way before Myspace or Facebook. The site has led to so many opportunities and meeting new friends. And yes I am still enjoying it along with many others.

Sometimes I forget how long 15 years is. Friends have come and gone, others are no longer with us, the Hey Gang emails are fewer and far between but some of the core group are still in touch with me. And my outlook on life and zest for new experiences hasn't changed much even through the ups and way downs of life. I am still having fun.

Likewise concerning the GoGo Bus there are still people enjoying it when I travel or pull up to a cruise in/car show. Not bad for a vehicle close to 50 years old and one that I've owned since 1997. WOW that is a long time. So it also marches on or in many cases sputters on.

Anyway the new gogobus.cc is a Wordpress site. I am not too keen on a frame or a template site but this is far easier to add and arrange photos and links myself, finally there is a way Virginia. I had many webmasters in the past and not one understood what I was after besides Jeff Bedoll, I finally remembered there are two L's in his name. Jeff is a real web designer/artist who was able to capture exactly my likes and feel for the website. The problem with the old was with the updates, little time. And it does take time especially when you consider it is more of a hobby with little to no cash flow but that may be slowly changing.

Sooo the new gogobus.cc is up but we are still fine tuning it. I just about grabbed most of the old content and slid it over. Some features from the old are gone and others are on the way out. My main focus on the new gogobus.cc will be A. Promote my book and the upcoming new Hey Gang Part 2, don't go sending me checks just yet, its still in the works. B. Promoting independent Restaurants and Diners C. My blog writings D. Current videos I take while out n about. E. And near the bottom I have space to rent to promote your band, store, book etc....

Finally the look on the new site has changed also. Before I was after fun, uniqueness and hokey, lots of hokey. The new when we are finally all done will be less hokey but still fun and unique.

So that's all. I am off. I will be posting on my blog when time allows updates from the trip.

Gotta GoGo!
Carey

PS: Even though the book Hey Gang! has been out over a year now I am still promoting it. I lost plenty of opportunities for book signings and car shows last year because of many issues, what a year, so if you know of a little book store or shop or events where I can set up and do signings let me know.

PSS The latest editions to the site are I added comments to the book page and added some new videos.

OH take a look www.gogobus.cc

No comments: