Thursday, February 9, 2023

Why Carey is in WV - Another Astro

 

I hate everything about today! But will get back to that statement.

In ’88 I bought a ’85 Astro in ‘93 bought a ’94 Astro in ’05 bought a ’97 Astro in ’15 bought a ’92 Astro in ’22 bought a ’97 Astro and today ’23 bought a 2000 Astro which brings us to the reason why Carey is in WV. They stopped making the workhorse Astro in 2005 and the pickings are getting slim so here I am buying another.

I rented a new Hyundai Elantra – I HATE IT! The dashboard cartoon graphics for gauges are hard to read, the stupid center display is distracting, safer to use a cell phone in my opinion, the seats are stiff built for a fast take off. Then it came to me, again in my opinion, foreign cars are built to drive American cars are built to travel in. OH and the stupid no key. I don’t know how many times I accidently started the car while trying to open the trunk. DUMB!

We got to our Astro destination on time. Then we had a major panic, right before our eyes her child disappeared. Everyone was frantic, except me I stood there. A good ten minutes before the lady looked in her van and there was her three old year old playing a game. DUH!

I took the Astro to a garage she knew and they were dumber than a Hillbilly in the big city for the first time. Yeah it sure do have a exhaust leak but where, and yeah I see the oil leak but that’s an old oil leak, I don’t see no oil dripping on my shoe, the idler arm and pitman arm are good, no that’s the pitman arm and that’s the idler arm yeah they good.

I told her these people are stupid I have to tell them what to do, lets go get another opinion. At least their opinion was free but our time wasn’t so I should have charged them.

Next garage gave me a list of things needing done. But now don’t go saying I said its safe to go all the way back to Cleveland. I applaud their disclaimer, even out here there is a lawyer waiting for a buck to be made.

I bought it.

Then we went out to eat, after three attempts of ordering food that they suddenly ran out of I settled on something. She came by the table I said don’t tell me you are out again, I am going to kill you. Did I just say that? My Italian mother crept out of me, oh boy. In the end she thanked me for being so pleasant and understanding and laughing at the ordeal, she said the meal and the onion rings were free. Now that’s class. I left her a very generous tip, so it all worked out.

In the restaurant met an interesting man whose name will remain anonymous. He was a cop, then turned sheriff for the county and actually took down two corrupt FBI agents. When he retired, he told me, I can tell you, I won the Power Ball.

At the hotel now. I repeat – I HATE EVERYTHING OF TODAY. There is no alarm clock, since everyone has smart phones, Hampton Inn got rid of theirs. What about people like me, or people who forget their charges. I said soon a white round room won’t be far off and pleasant to stay in.

OH and those tiny little bottles of shampoo and hand crème, no more.

I hate today….

 

Till tomorrow – Gotta GoGo!

                             Carey

No comments: