Sunday, February 12, 2023

WV part 2 - The Talking Fridge

 OK Its always something. Today - day 2 - was a good day but wow what a rough time sleeping. That dang fridge in my room it kept me up until I decided to unplug it.

Three times I woke up with banging and a vibrating noise. The third time it was so creepy sounding I turned on the all the lights in the room to make sure no one was in here. Not that all the lights were needed, a single match could have illuminated the entire room. So, it had to be the fridge, I pulled it out, unplugged it and immediately my sleep/sound machine died. 

See I work third shift and got use to sleeping with white noise, not the kind from a KKK rally, I think you know what I mean. It was odd, unplug fridge my battery-operated machine dies! Years ago, when I forgot to bring my sleep contraption, I would unplug the cable or antennae from the TV turn it on, and raise the volume. I tried that and all I got was silence. Digitals TVs are not the same. So, I slept with no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhhhh.

In the morning I explained to the lady hey, I had a talking fridge and had to shut it up, its pulled out of the cabinet and unplugged, I wasn't trying to steal it, I was trying to shut it up. By the way, after unplugging it, the room did get quiet. 

Today was Johns turn to look at a car, this time in VA. Off we went. The Taurus billed as nice was um not so nice, actually it was junk. One quick look and um no thanks you. Why do people lie? Tell me it's a driving turd and I may consider, but don't say it's nice and then it ends up being a turd. 

Since we drove all that way to VA John was a good sport, so we walked through the town of Broadway and met an interesting gentleman who runs an antique shop. He told me the story of why Mennonites have long ear lobes and high foreheads, but you need to ask him, I won't tell you. I'll post his name and photo another time.


No comments: