Wednesday, May 23, 2012

12 philippines


Friday quiet day, spent most of it shuffling papers. We went to Ruth's and Eunices and had passtil in hot sauce.   Later had a late night drink at Alavars. I had the green drink called Alavar juice not sure whats in it but boy is it good. Ruth had star apple shake. Another wow. After that back to Astoria.

Saturday we were invited to eat at Eunice’s.  I met her husband and had a nice supper.  He grilled fish, with seaweed agar agar with bubok,Tula itum (beef with black sauce from the shredded coconut fruit) it was Muslim cuisine.  Very good. 
 Jumping ahead to Sunday night
 
The last night at the Astoria got squirrelly. I thought America had issues with homos but I think its worse here. I have seen so many feminine looking......... not sure what. But the closer you look you can see they are he/shes.
Walking to Fort Pilar we passed a small city park. A group of young men were hooting and hollering as a guy dressed like a woman strutted his stuff.
At Paseo Del Mar in one of the boats of the coin divers was what I thought at first was a woman. It turned out to be another one of them. He had long hair and when he saw me filming he posed.
Then at Astoria I went to the lobby to use the laptop there was such a commotion. I couldn't figure out what was going on and who were the women from the men. People were running back and forth. One guy ran to the desk yelling he bite me. His hand had a small bite mark.
The following day Ruth asked what happened. It was a Gay beauty pageant and they didn't like the results.
Not sure whats worse to be at a place surrounded by Muslims or in a hotel lobby after a Gay beauty pageant. Thats all for now, gotta gogo!!


No comments: