Friday, May 25, 2012

15 philippines


Wednesday we went to Ruth's sister Ester's to say goodby. She was taking off to Cebu.
Standing outside of the church waiting for a trike to take us a lady approached with a pail of LARGE shrimp, maybe more like prawns. Ruth and the lady negotiated a price. The lady pulled out a small scale from her bag, weighs the amount Ruth wanted, placed the shrimp in a bag and away she went walking down the street to find another customer.

I asked where she got the shrimp Ruth said probably pond raised. Just like that, no fuss and so fresh. I just can't imagine things like this in America, buying dope on a corner yes but fresh seafood, fruit, and whatever else nahhhhh.

Ruth pan fried the shrimp with salt, she let it boil until tje water from the fish dries then put some vinegar then when that dries put some oil and finally minced garlic. Wala!!

After her sisters I got myself settled into the next place, Alavar's bed and breakfast that is next door to Alavar's Seafood restaurant.

The rooms are so clean but you best like cold water showers as it doesn't have hot water.

The breakfast was another slight disappointment. The first morning rice – one egg and one hot dog. I hate hot dogs!! Second morning rice – one egg and two small sardines. I hate sardines.
The place is quiet and clean finally some much needed sleep.

Thursday  Ruth took me to Amigos Amigas.  I found another food I didn't like its called batchoy.  It had pork chicharon, garlic and noodles and on top a raw egg that when you mix it it is suppose to cook.  I thought it tasted slimy with the egg.

That's all
Gotta GoGo!!

No comments: