Saturday, May 19, 2012

7 philippines


OK where was I, oh yeah walking around with Walt.

We got back and awaiting us at the desk was a package from Thata. A small box of kutsinta and a small bag of rice cake. Kucinta is flour, brown sugar molded into round patties of jello like consistency with grated cheese on top. Rice cakes are actually like a bun. I was upset about the rice cakes. I never got to eat all of them. I ate a few and left the bag open. During the night I ate one and in the morning I opened the bag and they were covered with bugs. YUCK! If you don't like bugs or roaches maybe this is not the place for you. Even where we ate lunch, Jolice, I noticed them.

Ruth came by at 3 to pick us. She rented a car from Maxwell with a driver to take us around. His name was Buddy Yugto a former police and owner of the rental car. It cost us 1,500 pesos for 4 hours. I highly recommend hiring him. Great personality, he will take you on a nice tour of places to see or take you where you want to go plus you will be safe with him. He watched over me and Walt like a hawk.

The first place we went to was Pavilion Astoria Regency to pay the balance due for the Blessing ceremony on Wednesday. We arrived and the place was crawling and surrounded by armed guards with machine guns. The reason was a Muslim wedding of 2,000. I asked our driver why the guards but he wouldn't say much other than maybe there to do their dirty work and they need to be watched. He was hesitant to even say what he did.

No comments: