Sunday, November 9, 2014

Am I the only one who feels this way?


Hey Gang,
Sometimes I just hate today's society, OK maybe more than just sometimes. Things have gotten so complicated and rigid. I blame the advance of the computer and the lack of common sense and morals in people for this.

For instance I was at a doctors office cleaning their carpet that is located in a small strip mall the other day. I went to the front of the plaza that is shaped like an L. I wanted to order a pizza from Papa Johns. A lady was standing outside of it talking to a worker inside who barely had the door open. I asked her if they were open and she said only for phone orders and delivery, the time was after 10 p.m. I tried to get the mans attention but after speaking with the lady he briefly looked up just to tell me they were only taking phone orders then quickly locked the door.

So standing in front of Papa Johns window I called the number posted. If that wasn't bad enough I had to listen to their Papa John jingle and message, then I was put on hold while I listened to the phone ring inside repeatedly before the same worker who told me to call walked away from making pizza to grab the phone. There I was standing outside, looking at him and him looking at me while we talked on the phone.

I explained I am cleaning next door and that I wanted a small pizza and if he could please knock on the back door of the doctors office when it is done because we can't use the front door. The back of the stores are all connected in this plaza. He said no we need to use the front door. So I said OK and ordered a small pizza anyway for $7 but he gave me a total of $9.25. I asked why is it that much and not $7 as displayed? He informed me there is a delivery charge. I went back and forth with him how could he charge for delivery when I could grab it from him? He would not budge because he had to charge the delivery price and had to deliver it. I voiced my anger hung up and walked away in disgust without ordering the pizza.


Gripe 2
At the post office I mailed a 6 X 9 envelope. I asked for media rate because it was a book. He asked is there anything fragile, liquid, explosive, or eatable you know the long list they give you. But instead of giving a simple no as in the past you now have to mark a box on an electric key pad stating so. Maybe to some of you its no big deal but to me its another needless senseless step. What is the purpose of this? How many people will admit to having something explosive if they did? And now punching it in on a key pad does that make anymore more honest or our world safer?

Gripe 3
Election ads I wish would just go away. How many ads did all of us hear touting these important facts... I will keep our military strong, bring back jobs, fight for the working family blah blah blah. NO KIDDING! Are we as voters that naive and stupid that they have to campaign on these basics?

I think fast food ads are more honest.


OH well and the beat goes on...

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey







2 comments:

David Macko said...

We need to encourage candidates to provide as much information as possible in their campaign literature. Hopefully, four page flyers which can hold 4500 words will become the standard some day so that nobody will be elected without using one.

For liberty, justice and peace,
David Macko

Anonymous said...

As far at the pizza store goes: just remember how many of them have been robbed. The policies are put into place by the businesses, not the workers. They were probably wary of your intentions. But it still does not excuse them for being rude.