Thursday, November 27, 2014

Saturdays Dinner After the Constitution Party Convention part 1

Hey Gang,
OK where were we? Oh yes, dinner, Saturdays dinner, I was going to tell you about Saturdays dinner. This post about Saturdays dinner has the same theme as the last couple of postings that nothing is by chance, not even our Saturday dinner.

We decided to leave the hotel where the Constitution Party convention was held and go exploring instead for a place to eat. In the hotel lobby we stayed at there were brochures, one was for Whisky's Restaurant

The brochures stated:
Founded in 1984, Whisky’s Restaurant is a tribute to “The Whisky City,” otherwise known as Lawrenceburg, Indiana, which is known for its history of distilling dating back to the 1800’s. Located in two historical buildings, Whisky’s is famous for its award winning ribs, in addition to its other specialties and traditional offerings.

 An independent restaurant in a building built in the 1800's with steaks and burgers that was fairly close by - what more could you ask for? Parking and seating. That would have been nice.

  The lot was full so I stopped at the front entrance just to jump out and peak at the menu. I was told it would be a 45 minute wait. There was no way I was going to wait for 45 minutes as none of us ate in some time. So I asked a gentleman in front of me if there were any other good places to eat. He thought for a moment and said yes, there’s a good little family restaurant outside of town on 4th and Walnut and I think the name of the place is 4th & Walnut. He repeated the directions again. Outside of town and the way he pointed he had to mean the town next door, Aurora.

 I was vaguely familiar with Aurora from what the hotel desk clerk told me about it. It is nicknamed The City of Spires for the many churches it has.

Here is the link http://www.aurora.in.us/index.html

 I stopped at a gas station for gas and directions on the border of Aurora. Both attendants, yes they still pump gas here, never heard of the restaurant and insisted Walnut had to be in Lawrenceburg just a street over from where Whisky's is. That just didn't sound right because the gentleman who told me about the restaurant said it was outside of town. Undaunted I continued on to Aurora and let me tell you I drove up and down every street.

 I asked two teens who were walking around if they knew where 4th and Walnut was. Both were clueless. One teen however did know that nickname of Aurora was the City of Spires and thought Walnut may be in Lawrenceburg. The other teen was in a band and quite a card. He said let me sing you a song and he did, right in the middle of the street. He promised he would Facebook me but he hasn't yet so don't ask me his name or his bands name, he was suppose to tell me when we connected. They had to leave because dad was at home waiting for them. So off we went.

 Ruth and Dan are both use to my antics. When I set my sites on finding a place, there is no deterrent, the search must go on and it gets even worse when I am hungry looking for a good restaurant. No fast food, no corporate and no snacks - real food or a fast happens until real food can be found. So the search through Aurora continued...

Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

No comments: