Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 3 Posting 4

Hey Gang,
Let me correct the last posting, I had to abandon it because of time constraints and an unforeseen fire alarm.

I wrote in posting 3:
I lingered around until almost just a few were left. I spent some time talking to a doctor. He is 93 years old and has so many testimonies and stories. He was a real treasure to speak to.

What I was talking about was at the conclusion of the convention while most hurried up to leave I stayed for a while.  And the doctor I am referring to is a member of the Constitution Party. I met so many people that I can't remember his name but his stories I do.

So allow me to continue.... When the meeting room cleared, left behind was Dan who came with me and the doctor. The doctor was just sitting there alone. So I went over to him and introduced myself. He immediately summed up my personality and said You know nothing is by chance, even our meeting. God has plans for all of us. I said why don't we sit in the lobby by the fire, I will help you and Dan and the 3 of us can sit there. He said I am OK you go help Dan.

As I was gathering Dan's stuff the doctor came over with his walker and asked Dan what can I do for you, how can I help you? At 93 and using a walker the doctor was more concerned with helping Dan than me helping him to the lobby.

We sat by the fire in the lobby and the doctor told me so many stories - real treasures. He repeated again that nothing happens by chance. Many years ago during a trip him and his wife were in a bar of an airport. They met a man. The doctor at first was a bit annoyed that his wife was spending so much time talking to this man. Hours later at 2 am in the morning his wife led this man to the Lord. And then the doc said Two weeks later you know what happened? That man died in a wreck. That meeting with that man was not by chance.

The doctor told me other stories with the same message that nothing happens by chance. Some stories he teared.

Before leaving I hugged him. I will not forget our conversation.

I then wrote:




The real fun started when we left for dinner

But let me tell you first about the fire alarm.

I was using the computer in the lobby of the hotel while Ruth and Dan slept. I just closed a clip on You Tube titled Obama Blows Smoke when the hotel fire alarms went off. MAN are they loud!!! Ear ringing loud.


So I hurriedly shut the computer when door after door of the hotel rooms swung open with bewildered half sleeping guests stumbling out. The soft spoken desk clerk panicked trying to figure out what to do. He was running around while everyone was confused. It was kind of fun though, sort of like when something happens in your home-town neighborhood all the neighbors come out to see what happened and actually talk to each other. That's what this was like.

I ran upstairs knocking on Dan's door telling him to open up, hurry. He was sleeping and didn't hear a thing. He was the only one that didn't care. Dan told me it was probably the kids next room, they were so loud it sounded like they were playing football. I made sure he didn't want me to help him downstairs. He went right back to sleep. Everyone else didn't know what to do, some grabbed their bags and left, some were yelling at the desk clerk as if he had something to do with it.

Everyone relaxed a bit when only police showed up with no firemen. I found out in the morning that one of the hooligans, probably the one Dan said was making football noises, pulled the alarm. They caught him by watching the surveillance tape.  What fun.

That's all for now.
Gotta GoGo!!
Carey

r

No comments: