Sunday, October 17, 2010

Carey's night mare happened.

Jumping ahead a bit..... So there we were, Ruth, her sister in law and daughter and my first breakfast in the Philippines. This is them talking. Where should we eat. Tagalog – English – Tagalog.... I don't know, everything is so far lets eat at McDonald’s. NO NO NO!!! Not even over here! And so Carey had to go to McDonald’s. Egg McMuffin with rice., longanisa with rice, Happy Meal with rice. I said I am not hungry so drank coffee and then I thought what happens if we don't eat for awhile so I decided to order pan cakes. I tried communicating I only want two pancakes with nothing else. So what did they bring me? Two orders of pancakes, eating one order of Mc'd's is bad enough but two?

Nightmare two.
After visiting ocean park we went to Mall of Asia. HUGE HUGE mall with a HUGE ice rink. I didn't even know Filipino's knew what ice was. Anyway..... they wanted pizza and where did they go? Pizza Hut!! The whole dietary world is against me.

Another meal the little niece wanted KFC. And the chicken came with rice. Everything comes with rice. All you can eat rice. Rice comes with rice. I miss seeing french frys.

And coffee? Forget it. If they do have it, they serve a cup of hot water with a small packet of instant coffee. I want to know how these people move so fast with out coffee.

First thing I do when I get home is make fry's with a pot of coffee. I miss Bruce's house and his hospitality and his coffee.

OKKKKKKKKKKKK that was the bad the good. Chicken gizzards, wow I love chicken gizzards. Places sell them here.

Milk fish soup, that was OK but the fish was strong. Another place I ordered a crab appetizer. A medium sized plate with small crabs in a sauce. How do you eat them? Claws and all, crunch crunch.

But you know what? I like the food here, its all different. Better than white mans food at home. If they would just serve coffee and fry's I would really love it,

Gotta GoGo, its rice time!!
Carey

No comments: